Shani Jayanti 2018, the birthday of lord of Karma (work) will be celebrated on 15th/05/2018 that is Tuesday. Lord Shani is born from Surya Dev (Sun) and Chaya as his mother which rules planet Saturn (Shani) and plays very crucial important role in any native’s horoscope.
In Hindu mythology Shani Jayanti represent or also denotes Shani Amavasya which means the birthday of Lord Shani is celebrated in Amavasya Tithi which is also the Jyestha month as per Hindu Panchang or Calendar.
Interestingly Vat Savitri Vrat will also be celebrated with Shani Jayanti which is marked in the month of Jyeshtha Amavasya in most of the states of India.
Shani Jayanti Puja or rituals timings will begin on 14/05/2018 – 19:49 PM and ends on 15/05/2018 – 17:16 Pm (IST) as per Vedic Panchang.
The famous temple of Lord Shani in Shani Shingnapur near Pune India will see huge wave of devotees to get the blessing from the Lord of Justice, Lord of Fortune and Lord of Karma (work) for better fortune and good luck.
According to ancient Vedic literature and Astrology, Lord Shani is considered as malefic planet and if placement of Lord Shani is not good in any natal chart or horoscope, then native has to face many hardship, delayed results and malefic impacts of Shani during its major and minor transitions.
These transitions are also known as Shani (Saturn) Sade sati , and Shani Aadiya which means Lord Shani who is the slowest moving planet, remains for 7.5 years in any zodiac sign, giving judgments of past and present Karmas to the native. This is sometimes also referred as Shani Dosh in Vedic Astrology.
Things you should do during Shani Amavasya or Shani Jayanti to minimise the bad impact of Shani in Horoscope.
- Visit nearby Lord Shani Temple early in the morning. You should do Lord Shani Abhishek with Water and Mustard oil.
- Lit mustard oil lamp and offer sweets and coconut with flowers.
- Chant the Lord Shani Mantra “om sham shanicharaya namah” or recite bheej manta ‘om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah’ or Om Nilaanjana-Samabhasam Ravi Putram Yamagrajam Chayya-Martanda- Sambhutam Tam Namami Shanaishvaram at least 108 or 1001 times.
- You should observe a day fast and donate food and clothes to the poor and needy people.
- Worship Lord Hanuman and Kal Bhairav during this day.
- Importance and significance of worshiping Peepal tree remains very high during this day.
- Perform Navgraha Pooja on this day which means worshipping all the nine planets and taking their blessing to overcome hurdles in the work.
- Recite or listen to Dasaratha Shani Stotram and Shani Kavach to remove all hurdles in life.
**Wishing you all a very and prosperous Shani Jayanti and Vat Savitri Vrat**