Hanuman Jayanti is an important Hindu festival that celebrates the birth anniversary of Lord Hanuman, one of the most revered and worshipped deities in Hinduism. Hanuman is known for his devotion to Lord Rama and his incredible strength, courage, and wisdom. Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu month of Chaitra, which usually falls in the months of March or April. In 2023, Hanuman Jayanti will be celebrated on April 8th.
Reciting the Hanuman Chalisa, a hymn in praise of Lord Hanuman is considered highly auspicious on Hanuman Jayanti. The Hanuman Chalisa has 40 verses and is a powerful mantra for seeking the blessings and protection of Lord Hanuman. Other mantras that can be chanted on this day include the Hanuman Gayatri Mantra and the Hanuman Moola Mantra.
The puja vidhi for Hanuman Jayanti involves several rituals and offerings to Lord Hanuman. The following is a basic puja vidhi for Hanuman Jayanti:
- Begin the puja by taking a bath and wearing clean clothes.
- Create a sacred space for the puja by placing a picture or idol of Lord Hanuman on a clean cloth.
- Light a diya or lamp and incense sticks in front of the idol or picture.
- Offer flowers, fruits, sweets, and other prasad to Lord Hanuman.
- Recite the Hanuman Chalisa or other mantras dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- Perform aarti and offer camphor or ghee to Lord Hanuman.
- Conclude the puja by seeking Lord Hanuman’s blessings and offering a final prasad to him.
Astrological Importance of Hanuman Jayanti
Hanuman Jayanti is considered highly auspicious from an astrological perspective. Lord Hanuman is believed to be the ruling deity of the planet Mars, and his blessings can help mitigate the malefic effects of Mars in a person’s horoscope. Additionally, reciting the Hanuman Chalisa or other mantras on Hanuman Jayanti can help improve one’s physical strength, courage, and willpower. It can also help overcome obstacles and challenges in life and bring success and prosperity.
In conclusion, Hanuman Jayanti is an important Hindu festival that celebrates the birth anniversary of Lord Hanuman. It is celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu month of Chaitra and involves several rituals and offerings to Lord Hanuman. Reciting the Hanuman Chalisa or other mantras on this day is considered highly auspicious and can bring blessings, protection, and success in life. From an astrological perspective, Hanuman Jayanti is an important day for seeking the blessings of Lord Hanuman and mitigating the malefic effects of Mars in a person’s horoscope.